Thursday, December 10, 2009

No Hidden Techniques

I just want everyone to know that the recipes I'm posting here include tips, notes, my own thoughts and techniques. I included these so that newbie cooks, wannabe cooks, confident cooks or anybody who just loves to cook and has cooking for a passion like me can try whichever recipe they may fancy. If you feel that my recipes may still be improved, please share your thoughts.

My friend Liz, mentioned in her email that she hopes my recipes don't have any secrets or hidden ingredients hence when tried cannot be copied. I will not post a recipe unless I've tested it and unless I love it. I share everything and anything including tips to improve, creative twists or tweaks.

Cooking is truly my passion and I would like to infect as many people as possible in feeling the same way about it as I do. Some people find cooking tiring, I cook when I'm tired. I remember working for a big media agency in the 90's. After an excruciatingly exhausting day, I would either bake cookies, make no-bake cheesecakes, or experiment on a new recipe I just thought of. I get home at around 9pm and instead of winding down in front of a TV set, I wind down by cooking or baking.

It helped me release all my tensions from the office. To this day, I cook when I'm stressed. That's the reason why all my friends always ask me when and if I'm tense...because when I am I cook...a lot...So the next time I get stressed I might just invite you for an impromptu dinner at our home...

No comments:

Post a Comment