Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pasta Sardinoise


Staring at my cabinet, I saw 2 cans of sardines, which were bought after Ondoy’s terror. From experience, I know that these will last a lifetime in there. I decided to open one but to my horror, the fish was just too fishy for my taste, ngeks sa lansa talaga. What to do so this doesn’t go to waste? Elevate the sardines’ status from Sardinas na may Misua to PASTA SARDINOISE.

Now it’s time to scrounge for other ingredients to turn this dish into something extraordinary. In my ref I checked and found the following:

A half cup of pitted black olives
A half cup of capers
A cup of tomato sauce

To cure that over fishiness, drain the tomato sauce from the fish and deep-fry and set aside.

In a sauce pan, sauté in 2 Tbsp of olive oil

6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried rosemary
½ Tbsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper

Add the tomato sauce and let simmer. Put the fried sardines, olives and capers. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.

Cook 200g of linguini or spaghetti noodles according to package directions.

Again, plate so the dish will really look delectable and inviting. Put about a cup of the noodles on a plate, using a fork, twist to make a rounded heap. Pour the SARDINOISE, top with Parmesan cheese if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment