Monday, June 8, 2009

GOURMET COOKING KUNING

Gourmet Cooking At Home Kuning

I was looking at this very fat juicy looking chicken in a food magazine, golden brown on the outside, shiny, succulent, love at first sight…I had to do the recipe. So I browsed at the recipe, went over it once, then stared…looked up, stared again, looked far, then stared again…how could this possibly be as good as it looks…can’t be…they must be really kidding. Aside from being so blah and wahdamatterwidisthing??? the recipe was calling for stuffing the chicken with rice…not glutinous rice, mind you, but plain white rice with some green peas and corn and carrots.

Well, it was one of my lousy lazy days and I wanted to kick my energy level to a hundred per cent and rev it up to the max. So I mused on what could be better than this supposed gourmet roasted chicken staring back at me. I felt the chicken leap at me from the magazine page. It was a 3D call to action…I zoomed to the nearest supermarket. Raced up and down the aisles, picked the plumpest chicken I could ever find, picked out the shiniest light brown potatoes, strode over to the freezer for some butter, got a glimpse of cutsie baby carrots and grabbed some, searched for some whole mushroom in cans, some fresh calamansi and my soy sauce. I still had some cooking wine at home so that would just be fine for what I had imprinted inside my head…on 3D!!!

So okay now here’s what I finally came up with. This is my famous roasted chicken which never fails to fascinate guests, young and old alike. It is plain awesome! I broke the ice with one of my most difficult unsmiling clients the minute she tasted this, so try it with your most obstinate bosses. Might work…but wait!!! Here’s the tricky part here, you must inject the chicken with this marinade because try as you may to marinate this chicken for 3 days you will never get that chicken to retain that entire flavor in.

So initially, I suggest you purchase the biggest injection and needle from your nearest drugstore which is what I did the very first time I did this concoction of mine. Or if you want, you can get a marinade injection from any reputable department store, because that was what I did the next time around. Or you can purchase a stainless steel injector from the internet, have it delivered to you but for a rather stiff price, which is of course what I did after 6 months of successfully serving this all time favorite dish in so many get-togethers and parties I went to. Check my recipe POLLO AL HORNO con PATATA...

No comments:

Post a Comment